This is a difficult time for everyone – but especially for startups and entrepreneurs. I’ve put together a short list of some of the resources that are available to small businesses during this time, including financial support, mental health, remote work, and education. It’s not a complete list – but check back, we’ll keep adding to it.
I strongly recommend signing up for gener8tor’s Emergency Response Program, available to startups in the state of Minnesota (lunchtime webinars April 6 – 10, applications due April 3). This is free of charge, and a great way to navigate everything from SBA, CARES Act to employment law changes.
- Small Business Association (SBA) – Economic injury disaster loans are available to Minnesota small businesses.
- Online applications are available at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
- Note that the portal is undergoing maintenance today, but it should be back up for applications within a few hours.
- Information for small businesses affected by coronavirus at www.sba.gov/coronavirus
- All coronavirus-related federal government resources: www.usa.gov/coronavirus
- MN-DEED’S COVID-19 information and resources for businesses COVID-19 update page.
In the startup community – we’re seeing so many people offering help, support, or information. Here’s a few of our favorites:
- Forge North: Minnesota Startups and COVID-19: Resources, Information, and More
- Telehealth support for COVID-19 (diagnosis and screening) – Zipnosis
- Gener8tor – Emergency Response program – daily webinars to help small businesses cope with everything from SBA loans to mental health challenges
Workshops and Virtual Events (most are free, will note if any have a charge):
- Demystifying Venture Capital – Brett Brohl (Farm to Fork) and Mary Grove (Rise of the Rest) – March 25, 11:30 – 1 pm CDT
- JLABS – What’s Accounting got to do with it? Webinar on accounting and financing for startups, March 26 – 1:30 – 2:30 pm (PDT)
- JLABS – Advanced IP Strategies for the Emerging Growth Biotech company – March 31, 9:00 – 10:30 am PDT
- MATTER – Designing Products with Electronic Health Records integration in mind ($25) – March 31, 1:30 – 3:00 pm CDT
Gener8tor / gBETA Medtech / UEL pitch night – virtual – April 2, 2020 5:30 pm CDT
University Enterprise Laboratories (UEL)
email@example.com | 612.770.9023