- This event has passed.
March 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Please join us for a Lunch and Learn at UEL on Tuesday, March 26, 2019 with Michael Lasky – you can register at the link below!
You are asked to review and sign hundreds of business contracts every year. You can’t have your lawyer review them all. Nor can you just sign them. This one hour program will give you the tools to be your own first line of defense. Lunch will be provided for all attendees, but space is limited to 50 people.
Michael Lasky, author of The Good Brand – How Companies Create Valuable Brands, is a combined brand expert and patent attorney at Stoel Rives and Altera Law. Michael is known for highly entertaining lectures.
- Is the contract you wrote really enforceable?
- Is it safe to sign a “click through” online contract?
- When do you have more leverage than you think to negotiate?
- Do you know if you are accidentally giving away your company’s intellectual property (IP) rights and how to prevent that?
- Did you know that Non-Disclosure agreements (NDA) can make your company unsaleable?
- What to do with Arbitration/Mediation clauses
- Battle of the forms – when form contacts are modified, who wins?
- Q&A : what else do you want to know about contracts?