- This event has passed.
May 8, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Business Survival Skills:
How to Spot Dangerous Traps in Contracts
(and how to save your company)
You are asked to review and sign hundreds of business contracts every year. You can’t have your lawyer review them all. Nor can you just sign them.
There is a better way. Learn how to spot the things that could really hurt company, so that they won’t slip by.
This one hour program will give you the tools to be your own first line of defense.
Tuesday, May 8 — 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Lunch and Learn
at UEL — 1000 Westgate Drive St Paul 55114
2nd Floor Conference Room- West Entrance (courtesy of MN Lions Eye Bank)
$25 per person — FREE for UEL Tenants
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
C-level company executives, business owners and anyone who ever has to sign a business contract.
- Is the contract you wrote really enforceable?
- Is it safe to sign a “click through” online contract?
- When do you have leverage to negotiate out of “standard” contract?
- How do you know if you are giving away your company’s intellectual property (IP)? How can you prevent that?
- How do Non-disclosure agreements (NDA) can make your company unsaleable?
- What to do with Arbitration/Mediation clauses.
- Battle of the forms – when form contacts are modified who wins?
Author of The Good Brand – How Companies CreateValuable Brands, Michael is a combined brand expert and patent attorney at Stoel Rives and Altera Law, known for highly entertaining lectures no matter the topic.